Luke Donatello brings the lesson today from Revelation 2:1-7
To the Church in Ephesus
2 “To the angel[a] of the church in Ephesus write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
- Remember Him who holds the fire
- Remember the embers – there’s still some “real heat” left to this church!
- Our embers are our elders! Perseverance and sound doctrine!
- If we over-feed something, our body will crave it even more
- 1 Tim 3:15
- Galatians 2:9
- Remember that “The embers will die, if the flames aren’t stoked high!”
- Fan back into flame the love you had first!
- 1) Mentor somebody
- 2) Take it to God
- (Referenced book: AW Tozier “The Pursuit of God”: https://www.amazon.com/Pursuit-God-W-Tozer/dp/1636000886)
- 3) Make it your goal to invite somebody to church
- Map of the early church
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:52 — 36.5MB)